A 437 acre strategically located greenfield site immediately adjacent to Junction 58 of the A1(M). This prime data centre, logistics/distribution and manufacturing site has the capability to provide opportunities right across the size range for businesses wanting to exploit its many locational advantages. The site is one of the UK's largest sites consented for data use (offering a minimum of 145 acres) and allowing for all LIST X criteria to be accommodated whilst retaining all the sites natural boundaries.
Located on the North Western outskirts of Darlington this prime site is immediately adjacent to the prestigious Faverdale East Business Park - the preferred base for a number of nationally recognised businesses, such as Argos Direct and Aldi, as well as being a key manufacturing hub in Darlington.
from Junction 58 of the A1(M), providing fast and direct access to the strategic transport network
acre strategically located greenfield site
Further Information about Faverdale Reserve
- Junction 58 of the A1(M) is less than one mile away providing easy access to the strategic road network.
- The A66 cross Pennine route, running south of the town provides a dual carriageway link to Middlesbrough and Teesport to the East, as well as the A19 north/south trunk road.
- The site is approximately 10 miles from Durham Tees Valley Airport, the Tees Valley's only airport, and 17 miles from Teesport, a deep water facility with lock free access to the North Sea. Teesport is the only container port in the North of the UK that has direct access to an intermodal facility within its operations.
- Rail freight connectivity is provided via the East Coast Main Line, which has the ability to take international standard containers.
- Faverdale Reserve is approximately 33.5 miles south of Newcastle, 18 miles west of Middlesbrough and 20 miles to the south of Durham.
- From Faverdale Reserve all parts of the UK can be reached within legal HGV drivers' hours.
- The A68 provides direct access to Darlington Town Centre which lies less than two miles to the south.
- Darlington is on the main East Coast Main Line with direct connections to London Kings Cross in under 2.5 hours.
Proximity to urban areas and access to labour and services
- Located within the urban area of Darlington and West Park, Faverdale Reserve is in close proximity to a wide range of local services.
- With Darlington's workforce catchment area including the Tees Valley, North Yorkshire, Durham, Newcastle and Leeds, locating your business at Faverdale Reserve gives businesses access to an additional 1.6 million people within an hours' drive time.
Key growth sectors and employment uses
- The site is one of the UK's largest sites consented for data use, allowing for all LIST X criteria to be accommodated whilst retaining all the sites natural boundaries.
- The site benefits from consent for between 600,000 and 1,000,000 sq ft of development which can be delivered in phases and as single or multiple developments to suit occupier requirements.
- Faverdale Reserve has been identified as a prime location for the manufacturing, logistics, distribution and warehousing sectors.
- The site is allocated as an existing employment site within the Darlington Local Plan (B1, B2 and B8 uses) and adjoins existing employment land.